with spring break right around the corner, finding the perfect road trip destination should be on the top of your priority list. road trips make the perfect weekend trip and a cheaper spring break vacation. we’ve compiled a list of the best road trip destinations in the US that are must-sees. but we’re not talking the basic, impacted locations. this list is full of more unique places you may have never even heard of.
1. Dillon Beach, CA - this beautiful coastal town is a hidden gem in northern california, with a population of just 283. you wouldn’t think such a small town would have so much to offer, but with sand dunes, hikes, tide pools, whale watching and crab fishing there’s an endless amount of entertainment. if you’re looking for the perfect camping spot, make a reservation at lawson’s landing. at around $50 a night, this campground is right on tomales bay, which is famous for its landscape and oysters.
2. Hocking Hills, OH - bet ya never would’ve guessed anywhere in ohio would have been on this list, did ya? surprisingly enough, hocking hills state park is one of the most beautiful places we’ve ever seen. with over seven different hiking areas, there’s more than enough to see. into mountain biking? hocking hills has some amazing bike trails that hug the lakeshore while providing picture-perfect views. this is the perfect destination for the outdoor lover.
3. Bar Harbor, ME - located right along maine’s frenchman bay, bar harbor is the destination. if you have the time, start from boston, ma, about a 5-hour drive, or portland, me, about a 2.5-hour drive. both drives are full of incredible views you’ll never forget. acadia national park, cadillac mountain, jordan park and sand beach are all top spots to visit near bar harbor. If you’re looking for a chill, relaxing day, just walk around the town and take in the views. what’s the best part about visiting bar harbor? hospitality is pretty dang cheap! beautiful air b&b’s range from between $46-$150, making your trip more affordable than traditional spring break destinations.
4. Gainesville, FL - this part of florida is perfect for outdoor enthusiasts. with the ichetucknee river so close, there’s an opportunity to take part in the warm-weather tradition of floating down it. also close is devils den pre-historic spring, one of the most unique diving/snorkeling spots in the united states. not an outdoor person? no problem. gainsville is home to some of the best farm-to-fork dining around the world. it is also home to four local breweries. it’s also just a short 2-hour drive to orlando, home to disney world and universal studios if you’re into the city life or amusement parks.
5. Newport, OR - that’s right, newport, or, not newport, ca. though both towns are located on the west coast, newport, or is just as beautiful, with half the amount of people. make sure you visit nye beach. this beautiful beach encompasses all the beauty of the oregon coast that people know and love. just south of nye beach is the yaquina bay state recreation site, known for its historic lighthouse. along with sightseeing, you can fish, have a picnic, swim and hike. it’s the perfect place to spend the day. if you love sealife, be sure to visit the oregon coast aquarium to see birds, fish, seals, sea lions and jellyfish.
Remember to bring your drift goods on your drive to these amazing destinations for a fresh, clean-smelling car.
comments will be approved before showing up.